Come join us as the Newburgh Museum hosts a Speaking Series the first Sunday of each month* May-November from 1-3 pm (*except for July due to the holiday). Enjoy the latest exhibit, and hear a different guest speaker each month sharing pieces of Newburgh and the surrounding area’s history.
Colleen Talley and Jann Allen with the Warrick County Museum
‘Visit Yesterday Today’…..learn what’s new about the history and culture of Warrick County located in Boonville, IN.
Newburgh Rocks: Angel Mounds and Newburgh Museum
Angel Mounds State Historic Site, Mike Linderman, Site Manager. ‘Native American Culture at Angel Mounds’.
There I Grew Up: Remembering Abraham Lincoln’s Indiana Youth, Bill Bartelt
Lincoln Pioneer Village
Lincoln Pioneer Village and Museum, James Heavrin discusses the Lincolns of Spencer County.
Newburgh Living Treasures: Voices of the Past
Historic Newburgh Walking Tour: Meet Mary Phelps & Corneal B. McCormick
JJ Audubon Society: 1810-1819
Last year, our schedule included these speakers:
- Jay Davis, Yankeetown FD Chief; retired supervisor/Lockmaster, Newburgh Lock and Dam
- Aaron Luttrull, Newburgh’s Civil War Culture and Architectural Landscape
- Mike Wittenbraker, Local Firefighting from an Experienced Professional
- AJ Mason, The Museum of the Coal Industry, Lynnville
- Anne Rust Aurand, Newburgh, England